Wednesday 6 October 2010

Jigsaw typeface

A typeface by Johanna Bil'ak, who bases herself in Netherlands. 

For the next part of Alphabet Soup I have to make a typeface for my partner who is Matt tucker. It will hopefully represent his personality and character. The brief states that my letterforms must be based on manipulations of an existing typeface, and so it seemed logical to choose a typeface that I am guessing might already represent his personality in some way. 
From the interview I got the impression that he is pretty chilled out, relaxed, creative and has slightly alternative interests. I feel that this Jigsaw typeface holds those sort of characteristics - to me it gives off relaxed, informal vibes, and contains some interesting alternative designs.

Of course i'll actually have to ask him if he likes it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment