Monday 28 February 2011

Andre Beato

Our first brief for this module requires us to create a series of three typographical posters based on the idea of 'opposites'. After brainstorming a few ideas I decided to go on the theme of 'analogue vs digital', a subject that means a lot to me in various ways.....vinyl versus mp3......hand-rendered versus digital artwork, etc, stuff like that. I found this guy in an issue of Computer Arts that had a few articles focussed on the matter of hand rendered artwork, pros and cons and whatnot. Anyway I REALLY like this:















































It shows the process of taking a piece of typography on the journey of analogue to digital. Nice. Doesn't really show the opposition of the two styles though, which is what I am going to try and achieve.

Some other nice pieces he has done:




















































I love Lisbon aswell.







































Standard vector job, nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment