Tuesday 28 February 2012

a couple of opinions



A screen shot taken from a site giving a quick review of the new daily paper; this highlights some of the main approval/concerns. Some obviously welcome the idea of a cheap, daily, concise paper, though others are quick to highlight potential downfalls, most of which are very valid points. 

Perhaps the most valid factor that would dissuade potential buyers is that they are more likely to watch television or go online - in my own situation, I can keep fairly well updated through digital media, for example the Guardian app on facebook - I reckon this will apply for many other students also, and so this would potentially be one of the biggest problems to tackle. 

The approval seems to quite heavily outweigh the potential cons however; having purchased the paper a number of times myself, I feel that it is well worth the twenty pence found on my desk every now and again, and this should become its major selling point; it sits bang in the middle of everything else, a good all-rounder with no particular bias, not filled with rubbish like various other daily papers. 

I think it is crucial to begin exploring the paper's current problems in terms of its very generic nature and try and work out some solutions in terms of making it appeal to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment