Tuesday 2 October 2012

Drew Melton





A few pieces of work by this guy I came across named Drew Melton who operates through this website:

http://yourjustlucky.com/

He seems to have a dedication to pushing the boundaries of lettering that not many others seem to match;a lot of his pieces are straight onto the surface, no computers involved, just sketches and paint. This is the sort of thing that makes me happy when I look at it, it's taken me a while to find it but I truly enjoy this kind of work....luckily it seems to be the popular thing right now as well. There is something properly fresh about painting straight onto a glass jar; it's all to easy to design something on the computer and do a straight transfer using vinyl or something equally flat and uninspiring...

No comments:

Post a Comment