Wednesday 3 November 2010

Poster design

With the newest brief set it would only seem obvious to research some basic poster designs to get an idea of where to start, I found a few of these off Blanka.co.uk which is a decent online poster collection set up by the graphic designer Mark Blamire. Sites like this are useful to keep the subject of poster design alive, as more and more design becomes digital to keep up with the rest of the world.














some simple ways of mixing colour and type. I deliberately chose very basic (but none the less effective) designs to inspire me as this is how I want my own posters to be perceived. I do not have much experience of poster design, but I am quite excited to see what I can achieve and how much I can experiment, whist not straying from the constraints of the brief.

The overall message I get from effective poster design is that less is more. Fonts like Helvetica seem to be the top choice for legibility with posters, but I will have to look at more posters conveying a similar message to what I am hoping to convey in order to gain a better idea of how I should be doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment