Wednesday 25 May 2011

Fabrizio Font




I'm starting to fall in love with these serif fonts that go completely overboard with the width of the stems and hairlines and stuff. Ridiculous. I love it. I rekon the reason I love this kind of thing so much is because at the beginning of the year, when I had NO idea about graphic design, I came up with a typeface that looked like this:


I'm very proud of it, and to this day it is hung on the pinboard in my horrible bedroom in halls that makes me feel like I'm sleeping in a hotel every night. Anyway. I had no idea about graphics that much so I just did what I think would have some kind of impact, and thinned out all the stuff on the left hand side of the letters and hoped for the best. It got some fairly good responses, and since then, I've always been quite fond of similar typefaces. 

And that's why I love Fabrizio. 


No comments:

Post a Comment