Tuesday 24 May 2011

Hemlock Recordings



Not sure who actually designed this ( I seem to say this a lot) but yeah, another label pushing new UK sounds. Very different (but still relative in some ways) to Skull Disco, though you might hear the two sounds clash in the right place at the right time. though this is more London style of UK electronic music. One of many styles, sorry....like all this stuff is a bit more Garagey than the Bristol stuff. It's by no means as dark...

Anyway the reason I rate the design work is that, well, I love patterns, and the fact that it's black on grey, always a winner in my book....like it gives you the impression that what the sleeve contains is something of value. Hmmm. Maybe it's just because I like the label that I'm automatically biased towards the design. Sometimes I can't find a real reason why I like it so much, I mean, really, it doesn't need a reason. I like it and that's my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment