Tuesday 24 May 2011

Zeke Clough, Skull Disco



Zeke Clough. There's a link to his blog just above. Like a lot of design work, I discovered this guy through the label that he contributed artwork to (Skull Disco in case you hadn't noticed). erm, yeah, I'm not actually sure how he goes about creating these artworks, like maybe he just goes about using a 0.1 fineliner and maybe he's just a bit tapped in the head to the point of making these images. Anyway yeah he made these for Skull Disco, I've a got a Shackleton (artist co-running the label) single back at home which really stands out amazingly compared to a lot of other designs. It suits the label quite well, surprisingly, I mean the label is made up of proper dark Bristol-style dubby techno kinda stuff, I mean the majority would listen and be like, what the hell are you making me listen to. Anyway this artwork is sort of like, the face of this tiny part of the UK scene. It's dark and ambient and can really mess with your head, and the artwork reflects this amazingly.

I can't do it myself. But I'd love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment